Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's always busiest before the holidays

I really have a love/hate relationship with moving. It's a PITA to pack and clean and all that but I do love getting to a new place and setting it up. We're moving into the old house (by we I mean my mom, brother, son and myself) The other house is bigger, bigger yard, bigger/more rooms, plus there's 4 garages and space for 2 or 3 RVs. Not that we need all that but hey, we have it. LOL.

I am excited about getting to finally paint mine and Connor's rooms (oh yeah and having an actual bedroom with door and all for myself. LOL) Furniture-wise we're all set for his room but I really gotta replace my busted futon (thank you movie night people. LOL)

Oh and I WILL be enlisting the help of my wonderful friends in this move :-) especially those with trucks. :-) There will be pizza and beer for it though :-)

I am studying to take my state CTEC exam and I will be a tax preparer after that. Doesn't it sound exciting? LOL. But hey, everyone's gotta have their taxes done and I am really looking forward to my own paycheck. Something stable (well until April anyway) Then next year I will be taking another class to be a licensed administartor for a residential care facility (my mother owns a 40 bed in Salinas) From there, I'll figure out where to go.

The divorce drags on...it should have been simple being that we had agreed on everything but my ex-husband likes to do everything the hard way. Hopefully the divorce part will be finished soon but he's taking my to court to try and get full custody, so that' a mess. But we're getting through it. With all the money that;s gone out I have been rethinking my career choices...how does divorce attorney sound? LOL

I really think that's basically it. I've run out of things to say (gasp!) So I will talk to you all later

No comments: